Drop Culture
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» building a new box
Mini Truckin' is it going away? EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 9:41 am by nigel

» come on people
Mini Truckin' is it going away? EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 7:44 pm by nigel

» 2.3l turbo
Mini Truckin' is it going away? EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 3:17 pm by nigel

» amp rack
Mini Truckin' is it going away? EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 3:13 pm by nigel

» L8esT cRayZ 10
Mini Truckin' is it going away? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 12:11 pm by BIG RICH

» Drift Event Last Weekend
Mini Truckin' is it going away? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:42 am by mafiafran

» my 91.......................
Mini Truckin' is it going away? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:41 am by mafiafran

» wts or wtt 1996 ranger splash 3k obo
Mini Truckin' is it going away? EmptyThu May 27, 2010 3:48 pm by rlr023

» PlEASE READ A MEMBER HAS FALLEN.
Mini Truckin' is it going away? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:12 pm by yannijoe201

» pointless thread
Mini Truckin' is it going away? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 11:34 pm by lwrlvl

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Gallery
Mini Truckin' is it going away? Empty
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Drop Culture on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Drop Culture on your social bookmarking website

Mini Truckin' is it going away?

Go down 
+5
roadracer
maztang
TrixR4Kids
leg0man
Byron
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Byron
Admin
Admin
Byron

Number of posts : 1335
Club : No Club, Just Cruising.
Vehicle : 89 Honda CRX si
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Mini Truckin' is it going away?   Mini Truckin' is it going away? EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 10:57 am

Found this on Mini Truckin's site...
Thought I'd post a copy here for discussion..

"With true mini truck production diving at a sad and alarming rate over the years, have you ever wondered what that means for the future of mini truckin' as we know it?"

"The Tacoma of today towers over the Toyota pickup we once knew, and the Colorado annihilated Chevy's hopes of a mini. Let's face it - the trucks of today all follow the trend of bigger, bigger, bigger, which I find a little ironic with the ever-increasing fuel prices and simultaneous diverging trend of small and efficient hybrid cars."

"That means that the true minis are aging, and it seems logical that as they age, fewer will be on the road."

"Does that mean mini truckin' will take on a newer, evolving form that parallels the automotive market, with mini truckers building Scions, PT Cruisers, HHR's, crossover SUV's, and whatever else is hot and new?"

"Or, will mini truckin' stay true to its roots and stick with mini trucks? In this case, could mini truckin' actually be raised to a new and higher level, due to the increasing rarity of finding a mini truck and the decreasing availability of parts? Will it ever reach the point where an average, air bagged dime a dozen S-10 may actually become something special to show your grandchildren someday? Where we might one day say, "Wow! Where in the world did you come up with a '92 Toyota to bag and body drop like that?!"

What Do You Think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.williambyronsmith.com
leg0man
leg0man

Number of posts : 232
Club : Ottawa Vdubbing
Vehicle : Echo
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Mini Truckin' is it going away?   Mini Truckin' is it going away? EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 11:46 am

i think it's only a matter of time before we see smaller trucks coming out again, it goes in waves just like with the cars. look at teh new "sub compacts" coming out - the fit, yaris, scions, versa. I saw a pic of a fit next to a CRX - the CRX is called a compact, the fit is called a sub-compact, and the fit is BIGGER! Civics got a little bigger and a little bigger every generation and now there's room to make an even smaller car, the Fit, to fill the void. That's just an example, same deal with other manufacturers. I think similar will happen with trucks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ottawa-vdubbing.com
TrixR4Kids
100 Club
100 Club
TrixR4Kids

Number of posts : 123
Club : Lone Wolf
Vehicle : 1986 B2000
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Mini Truckin' is it going away?   Mini Truckin' is it going away? EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 12:06 pm

With the uncertainty of gas prices in the future mini trucks might stage a comeback someday. They closed the Ford F150 plant which is about 8 miles from my house ealier this year, it been pumping out cars and for the past several decades the F150. Alot of people want bigger but gas at $4.00 might kill that notion.
Back to top Go down
Byron
Admin
Admin
Byron

PostSubject: Re: Mini Truckin' is it going away?   Mini Truckin' is it going away? EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 9:23 pm

Ford is in a mess of trouble. Their sales have been declining and in addition with their support of gay marriage, partnerships, etc.. the christian sect has made an additional impact on their sales by boycotting their vehicles, and other products.

As far as mini's go..
I agree.. the pendelum swings both ways... right now we are far left but it will come back to center... just gotta wonder how long.
Full size / Big trucks are cool... but Mini's are better. Fuel and weight will be the factors that bring back the mini, and I'm okay with that... as long as we see them resurface again.
Back to top Go down
maztang
200 Club
200 Club
maztang

Number of posts : 233
Club : No Time
Vehicle : 1983 B2000, 1989 B2200, 1990 B2200, 1984 B2000
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Mini Truckin' is it going away?   Mini Truckin' is it going away? EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 10:59 pm

i think all of us mini truckers need to get together and design a couple of sweet minis to sell to chevy or whoever. what do you guys think. a whole new design. i am down. afro

on another note, i was watching hotrod tv today and they built a muscle car that was awesome and it ran on propane. chip foose was the designer and they had guys from all over the world and this country get in on this. and they have been doing this over seas for years but why is it that other countries are using propane as a source of fuel and we are still using gas. propane is cheaper and burns clean. could it be that almighty dollar, hmmm... whistling whistling whistling
Back to top Go down
Byron
Admin
Admin
Byron

PostSubject: Re: Mini Truckin' is it going away?   Mini Truckin' is it going away? EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 11:08 pm

this country is pretty greedy...

lots of people loose their jobs when gasoline goes away... which first, their jobs or our environment?

The natural gas company here has been running propane vehicles for a while now, as well as we have a few city vehicles one it.

Electric is the way to go.. they just haven't figured it out yet.
Hydrogen uses a lot of energey to create... thus the carbon foot print is not really changed... it has to be electric, air, or something we have yet to discover.

Heard the other day that methane is a majopr cotributor to global warming and exceeds carbon.. go figure.

Okay back to the thread...
Funny you say that about designing one... I thought the same thing earlier. I say we give it to Mazda... they need a truck,
Back to top Go down
maztang
200 Club
200 Club
maztang

Number of posts : 233
Club : No Time
Vehicle : 1983 B2000, 1989 B2200, 1990 B2200, 1984 B2000
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Mini Truckin' is it going away?   Mini Truckin' is it going away? EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 11:27 pm

i was going to say mazda but ford owns them now and i am not that big of a ford guy. the pre 93 mazdas are the true mini trucks! haha. Cool2
Back to top Go down
roadracer
Admin
Admin
roadracer

Number of posts : 1209
Club : condition critical
Vehicle : 91 b 2200/ 89 b 2200 ext cab/ 09 honda odyssey
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Mini Truckin' is it going away?   Mini Truckin' is it going away? EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 11:44 pm

well, dont forget, ford closed or is closing the st paul ranger plant. so there goes their little truck. minis will be around for a long time yet. just look at the hot rod world. there are cars that will never die. we just need the govt to stay out of it and forget the bans on old cars, with the emissions stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dropculture.com
DevB22
DevB22

Number of posts : 685
Vehicle : '89 B2200
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Mini Truckin' is it going away?   Mini Truckin' is it going away? EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 12:55 am

I'm not sure what to say on this subject.

I just don't see how the actual "Mini" Truck that started the scene could so easily be forgotten.

I will leave with this:

We have become part of something much more complicated than you or I will ever fully comprehend. We build more than just trucks . . . we build friendships, we build futures, and we build our dreams. We drive our trucks low and hold our heads high because we have an \ unwritten and unspoken agreement that we will live life to the fullest and never fall victim to 'the norm'. Others laugh at us when we spend hours on end working on our trucks; yet shake our hands when we are done. --Wyatt Strange

Dev taz
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebagshack.net
dropped90
dropped90

Number of posts : 920
Club : welder, lowridin
Vehicle : 1990 mazda b
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Mini Truckin' is it going away?   Mini Truckin' is it going away? EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 3:31 pm

blame it on the baby boomers haha everybody wants a huge family but still wants a truck so they fix it with no minis
Back to top Go down
Byron
Admin
Admin
Byron

PostSubject: Re: Mini Truckin' is it going away?   Mini Truckin' is it going away? EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 4:19 pm

actually ford owns a part of mazda.. but not it entirely. It was a merger somewhat.. the truck line has been ford a while now though...
Back to top Go down
Freakin New Guy
Freakin New Guy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Mini Truckin' is it going away?   Mini Truckin' is it going away? EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 7:24 pm

Back to top Go down
Byron
Admin
Admin
Byron

PostSubject: Re: Mini Truckin' is it going away?   Mini Truckin' is it going away? EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 11:14 pm

yep.
you can see my long a$$ post there..
Back to top Go down
Byron
Admin
Admin
Byron

PostSubject: Re: Mini Truckin' is it going away?   Mini Truckin' is it going away? EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 11:15 pm

is that how you found us, 5569?
Back to top Go down
Freakin New Guy
Freakin New Guy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Mini Truckin' is it going away?   Mini Truckin' is it going away? EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 3:16 pm

i had been here before, just hadn't signed up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dropped90
dropped90

Number of posts : 920
Club : welder, lowridin
Vehicle : 1990 mazda b
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Mini Truckin' is it going away?   Mini Truckin' is it going away? EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 7:27 pm

it started in 94
Back to top Go down
projekt94
500 Club
500 Club
projekt94

Number of posts : 601
Club : =SUNSET= tx chapter
Vehicle : 1989 mazda b2000
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Mini Truckin' is it going away?   Mini Truckin' is it going away? EmptySat Sep 15, 2007 12:01 am

maztang wrote:
i think all of us mini truckers need to get together and design a couple of sweet minis to sell to chevy or whoever. what do you guys think. a whole new design. i am down. afro

on another note, i was watching hotrod tv today and they built a muscle car that was awesome and it ran on propane. chip foose was the designer and they had guys from all over the world and this country get in on this. and they have been doing this over seas for years but why is it that other countries are using propane as a source of fuel and we are still using gas. propane is cheaper and burns clean. could it be that almighty dollar, hmmm... whistling whistling whistling

propane sux major butt!!!! we used to use it at work for our trucks and it has ruined alot of the engines at work, we have new trucks that blew their engine not even a year old, propane is not good for any kind of car. i wouldnt recommend it No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mini Truckin' is it going away?   Mini Truckin' is it going away? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mini Truckin' is it going away?
Page 1 of 1