Drop Culture
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» building a new box
DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read. EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 9:41 am by nigel

» come on people
DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read. EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 7:44 pm by nigel

» 2.3l turbo
DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read. EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 3:17 pm by nigel

» amp rack
DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read. EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 3:13 pm by nigel

» L8esT cRayZ 10
DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read. EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 12:11 pm by BIG RICH

» Drift Event Last Weekend
DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read. EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:42 am by mafiafran

» my 91.......................
DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read. EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:41 am by mafiafran

» wts or wtt 1996 ranger splash 3k obo
DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read. EmptyThu May 27, 2010 3:48 pm by rlr023

» PlEASE READ A MEMBER HAS FALLEN.
DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read. EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:12 pm by yannijoe201

» pointless thread
DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read. EmptyFri May 21, 2010 11:34 pm by lwrlvl

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Gallery
DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read. Empty
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Drop Culture on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Drop Culture on your social bookmarking website

DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read.

Go down 
+2
AreaOne
Byron
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Byron
Admin
Admin
Byron

Number of posts : 1335
Club : No Club, Just Cruising.
Vehicle : 89 Honda CRX si
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read.   DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read. EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 6:39 pm

Hey all.
I have a few things to discuss that is very difficult for me to do.

Over the last 8 years I have owned Distinctive Image and now Drop Culture. This has been very enjoyable, as well as frustrating at times. It has been a joy to have been part of the scene as a vendor and an owner, but the time has come where a change will be made. All roads must end somewhere.

A contact of mine has been after me to sale DI for some time now. For a long time I have said.. man please.. DI is not for sale. Well there has been an offer made that I cannot refuse, so needless to say I have sold DI. This was a very hard decision to make, but one I feel like has been a good one, even though it hurts. I have poured my heart and soul into the DI brand over the last 8 years and seeing it go is heart breaking to say the least.

So.. that being said.. What is to come of DropCulture.com? I still own everything to drop Culture and have no intention of selling anything regards to the forum or the url. DC is still up and running... and will be. Only the business was affected by this change. The website will be converted to a DC index page linking to the forum untill content is decided for the dropculture.com address.

To boil this all down...
I have sold everything related to DI. I still own everything related to DC. I am washing my hands of the clothing business, due to the agreement made and the sale of the company. Drop Culture will remain untouched, and the url unchanged. The current DC site will have it's content changed as of Dec 15th. The content will be a work in progress, and with your input should should yeild an excellent website and forum. DC will most likely be taking more of an emag feel. In the future tees and hats will still be offered on DC as in support for DC, but not as a full product line .

I am sorry I have had to tell you all this news, but the offer was too good to refuse.... as well as I can use the down time. Over the last 8 years my life has been hectic and this change will relieve my stress. I hope I have not disappointed any of you in any way, that has never been the intent.

I appreciate all of your support to this point, and would appreciate the continued support for DC in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://www.williambyronsmith.com
AreaOne
100 Club
100 Club
AreaOne

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read.   DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read. EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 6:59 pm

Byron, I wish you luck man in whatever it is that you do from here. I always have and always will continue to support the DC forum as long as I am a part of it. If I can help in any way, let me know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ignitionapparel.com
asphaltsurfin98
asphaltsurfin98

Number of posts : 697
Vehicle : 98 nissan fronty
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read.   DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read. EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 9:33 pm

i here you man, giving the $$ to your wife 4 chris-x
Back to top Go down
roadracer
Admin
Admin
roadracer

Number of posts : 1209
Club : condition critical
Vehicle : 91 b 2200/ 89 b 2200 ext cab/ 09 honda odyssey
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read.   DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read. EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 9:42 pm

good luck to you bud! like they say, for the right price, anything is for sale. obviously, you have thought long and hard about this, and i hope for the best for you and your family! ill still catch you on here!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dropculture.com
dropped90
dropped90

Number of posts : 920
Club : welder, lowridin
Vehicle : 1990 mazda b
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read.   DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read. EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 11:09 pm

i hope your using some of that dough to finish that truck of yours. so finish it already,.

-justin
Back to top Go down
leg0man
leg0man

Number of posts : 232
Club : Ottawa Vdubbing
Vehicle : Echo
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read.   DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read. EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 11:46 pm

I'm sure it was a tough decision for you, but if you sold it for good coin, then congratulations.. that's business, and the fact someone wanted to buy yours means you probably built up a good one. I'm still gonna be on here, it was the forum i came for in the first place, not the shirts Wink I guess if you're gonna change it up to more of an emag style though, some of us better get to work on having a truck worthy of a feature Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.ottawa-vdubbing.com
Byron
Admin
Admin
Byron

PostSubject: Re: DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read.   DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read. EmptyThu Dec 13, 2007 1:50 pm

Thanks guys. I really hate to have sold it, even though its for the best. I appreciate you sticking by the forum. Like I said together we'll make DC sweet.Havn a lil sellers remorse 2day. Its becuz I lovd it. Glad yall aren't h8n on me.
Back to top Go down
Byron
Admin
Admin
Byron

PostSubject: Re: DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read.   DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read. EmptyThu Dec 13, 2007 1:50 pm

Thanks guys. I really hate to have sold it, even though its for the best. I appreciate you sticking by the forum. Like I said together we'll make DC sweet.Havn a lil sellers remorse 2day. Its becuz I lovd it. Glad yall aren't h8n on me.
Back to top Go down
AreaOne
100 Club
100 Club
AreaOne

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read.   DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read. EmptyThu Dec 13, 2007 3:34 pm

I don't think that anyone can hate on someone for making a decision that betters themselves or their situation. You are the only one that knows for sure if it was the right thing to do or not, and it sounds like you know.

The sellers remorse is understandable as well. I was the same way with the podcast. I knew killing it was the right thing to do, but once I did, I felt like I had lost a family member.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ignitionapparel.com
Byron
Admin
Admin
Byron

PostSubject: Re: DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read.   DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read. EmptyThu Dec 13, 2007 8:56 pm

zackly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read.   DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read. Empty

Back to top Go down

DI and DC - Major Changes Coming! - A must read.
Page 1 of 1