Drop Culture
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» building a new box
testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 9:41 am by nigel

» come on people
testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 7:44 pm by nigel

» 2.3l turbo
testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 3:17 pm by nigel

» amp rack
testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 3:13 pm by nigel

» L8esT cRayZ 10
testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 12:11 pm by BIG RICH

» Drift Event Last Weekend
testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:42 am by mafiafran

» my 91.......................
testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:41 am by mafiafran

» wts or wtt 1996 ranger splash 3k obo
testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptyThu May 27, 2010 3:48 pm by rlr023

» PlEASE READ A MEMBER HAS FALLEN.
testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:12 pm by yannijoe201

» pointless thread
testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptyFri May 21, 2010 11:34 pm by lwrlvl

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Gallery
testing waters cause i hate to do it.. Empty
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Drop Culture on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Drop Culture on your social bookmarking website

testing waters cause i hate to do it..

Go down 
+2
dropped90
Deviousb2200
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Deviousb2200
Freakin New Guy
Freakin New Guy
Deviousb2200

Number of posts : 46
Club : Stocker....... Building custom rides
Vehicle : 1989 Mazda B2200
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: testing waters cause i hate to do it..   testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptySun Sep 09, 2007 8:09 pm

ok here lately i have been gettin to the point were i have lost interest in my truck..there is still plenty of work to be done on it but here is a run down of what is done at the current moment.. the truck is an 89 2200 regular cab gauge reads 115xxx i was told it has a rebuilt motor i dont know.. anyway it has an 8 inch stepnotch bed cut across shaved tailgate handle tag box in the gate as well.. the cutouts where the bumper goes through have been covered and welded up, and the center section has been cut out flattened and welded back in.. The passenger door and mirror have both been shaved and still need a little bodywork on the handle part the lock is shaved too.. mirror needs welds grinded down.. the driver fender needs replaced but its there, has pretty much brand new weber on it on has maybe half mile to a mile driven on itright .. it needs the exuast redone from precat back.. a couple of dash pieces have been taken out smoothed and painted. Its an automatic i have been told they are a little harder to come by.. it has 3 inch belltech blocks out back two center leafs have been taken out. torsions are out but i have them and just need to be put back in.... the cornere lights are not in at the moment but not best shape. the front wells have been cut out and i started puttin trailer fenders in but only got the passengerside tacked in and started shaving the inner fender wall.... I will post up pics shortly... the interior is decent headrest have been taken off both seats they are factory buckets...like i said i am starting to loose interest in it i have about 1400-1600 into it right now. tires are all in good shape also. I really want an extended cab mazda because i am 6' 2" so its not that easy for me...cash or trades will be considered. I am in Texas in the DFW area, I CAN NOT Deliver or meet half way.. right now it is not running but it does run the harness needs moved up or cut out. I have cables also to relocate the battery I just havent done it yet. I have a good battery for it also.. The truck is in good shape it needs minor body work and can be done in a day or so...there is no rust eating through anywhere that i have seen.. let me know what you have.. like i said I am just testing the waters and if the right offer is made it will be gone.... I do have a title on it also. sorry for such a long post just wanted to be honest and upfront from te get go.. let me know what you think and i will be pposting pics later tonight.
Back to top Go down
dropped90
dropped90

Number of posts : 920
Club : welder, lowridin
Vehicle : 1990 mazda b
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: testing waters cause i hate to do it..   testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptySun Sep 09, 2007 10:16 pm

lets see some pics
Back to top Go down
Deviousb2200
Freakin New Guy
Freakin New Guy
Deviousb2200

PostSubject: Re: testing waters cause i hate to do it..   testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptySun Sep 09, 2007 10:57 pm

testing waters cause i hate to do it.. 000_0013
testing waters cause i hate to do it.. 000_0010
testing waters cause i hate to do it.. 000_0015
testing waters cause i hate to do it.. 000_0008
testing waters cause i hate to do it.. 000_0017
Back to top Go down
dropped90
dropped90

PostSubject: Re: testing waters cause i hate to do it..   testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptySun Sep 09, 2007 11:16 pm

whats the ball park price your looking for?
Back to top Go down
Deviousb2200
Freakin New Guy
Freakin New Guy
Deviousb2200

PostSubject: Re: testing waters cause i hate to do it..   testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptySun Sep 09, 2007 11:23 pm

well its hard to say.. i mean these arent rare trucks but i have about 14-1600 into it so I would like that rangle but i will take offers but no low balling me please i dont have to sell it and dont want to really but it just seems like i dont have the money to finish it or get it to the point that i want it.... For the right offer or the right trade i will let it go.. i would much rather have an extended cab though... I really love these trucks and want another one as well.. I just dont know what i wanna do yet.. but anyway like i said the right offer will take it...
Back to top Go down
dropped90
dropped90

PostSubject: Re: testing waters cause i hate to do it..   testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptySun Sep 09, 2007 11:38 pm

i dont have the money to bag mine yet either but im keepin it. these things take some time. be patient and build it as you can. if you sell you are going to regret it. if you keep selling vehicles because you cant build like you want then you will always have something that you would like to customize. if you save the money on tags and taxes and insurance costs from switching you will be ablet to do one like you want it. just my opinion though man. something to think about
Back to top Go down
Byron
Admin
Admin
Byron

Number of posts : 1335
Club : No Club, Just Cruising.
Vehicle : 89 Honda CRX si
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: testing waters cause i hate to do it..   testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 9:19 am

every time i sell my "b", i only end up buying another.
Back to top Go down
http://www.williambyronsmith.com
maztang
200 Club
200 Club
maztang

Number of posts : 233
Club : No Time
Vehicle : 1983 B2000, 1989 B2200, 1990 B2200, 1984 B2000
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: testing waters cause i hate to do it..   testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 9:10 pm

bro, just keep looking at your avatar and stay motivated. i read somewhere once that it takes the average build 7 yrs to complete. i have had my 89 for like 3 years now and it still isn't bagged. if i were you i would just keep it and get it running good. you got a weber for it didn't you? if so, you can't be very far from having it running good. it doesn't take much for these things to run good. just my opinion bro. later.
Back to top Go down
Deviousb2200
Freakin New Guy
Freakin New Guy
Deviousb2200

PostSubject: Re: testing waters cause i hate to do it..   testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 9:11 pm

I really wanted an extended cab when i bought this one. I jumped too fast because it was a couple of houses down from me and i knew the owner.. i had a 2600i extended cab before this but sold it to my brother who in turn totalled it... I would much rather have another extended cab so i can have a little more room.. plus this is an auto and i am not liking it to much cause it makes it slower
Back to top Go down
dropped90
dropped90

PostSubject: Re: testing waters cause i hate to do it..   testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 10:23 pm

do a 5-speed swap on it. mine was an auto and now its a 5-speed. i didnt do the swap though was done before i got the truck. and i have an excab and love it because i have room for subs but i would love to have a single cab, just seem more mini to me which i like. i think its just a mind thing though. im gonna build mine and then a single cab as well. do what you feel you need to do
Back to top Go down
maztang
200 Club
200 Club
maztang

PostSubject: Re: testing waters cause i hate to do it..   testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 10:43 pm

i have everything that you will need for the 5 spd swap bro. i am putting a 4.3 in mine so come grab it all. i used to like the ext cabs more until i got my reg cab. i absolutely love the reg cabs more now for some reason. let me know man. cowboy
Back to top Go down
Deviousb2200
Freakin New Guy
Freakin New Guy
Deviousb2200

PostSubject: Re: testing waters cause i hate to do it..   testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 1:20 am

what do you want on the tranny for that 5 speed?? hell I need a trailer so I can get my exuast done... once i get it done if you are gonna be up here let me know maybe you can help me time it and adjust the carb... let me know, I will buy you lunch or some beer or something homie..
Back to top Go down
Byron
Admin
Admin
Byron

PostSubject: Re: testing waters cause i hate to do it..   testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 7:41 pm

i like my std cabs...i have a bunch of them..
Back to top Go down
maztang
200 Club
200 Club
maztang

PostSubject: Re: testing waters cause i hate to do it..   testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 9:44 pm

Deviousb2200 wrote:
what do you want on the tranny for that 5 speed?? hell I need a trailer so I can get my exuast done... once i get it done if you are gonna be up here let me know maybe you can help me time it and adjust the carb... let me know, I will buy you lunch or some beer or something homie..

get some gas money together, bring a case of beer and lets pull everything off you will need and it's yours. when i bought the truck it sat up for 5 yrs so i can't guarantee anything. the eng is still bolted up to it so it should still be good. let me know man.
Back to top Go down
dropped90
dropped90

PostSubject: Re: testing waters cause i hate to do it..   testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 9:56 pm

nows that what im talkin about. why cant i have any giving people live near me. Laughing
Back to top Go down
roadracer
Admin
Admin
roadracer

Number of posts : 1209
Club : condition critical
Vehicle : 91 b 2200/ 89 b 2200 ext cab/ 09 honda odyssey
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: testing waters cause i hate to do it..   testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 10:12 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ no doubt!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dropculture.com
Deviousb2200
Freakin New Guy
Freakin New Guy
Deviousb2200

PostSubject: Re: testing waters cause i hate to do it..   testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 10:58 pm

well he is like an hour and a half from me but its not a big deal. he has come up to help me a couple different times actually.. I found out i have the money to get the exuast done like i needed,now just need a trailer.. Also I have found out that i have had better luck with meeting cool people in the minitruck scene than in the tuner scene...Like i said I am only testing the waters but I think I am gonna go ahead and keep it.I needed some support from my fellow minitruck brothers,my wife keeps telling me not to sell it also. I just need a little more help with this build than I am getting, I think what the real problem is I jumped in ovder my head got in way to deep and now I am trying to catch up with where I thought I should be.. Thanks guys and Ryan thanks bro I will let you know about getting down there cause I am gonna need something other than my jeep to come down there...
Back to top Go down
projekt94
500 Club
500 Club
projekt94

Number of posts : 601
Club : =SUNSET= tx chapter
Vehicle : 1989 mazda b2000
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: testing waters cause i hate to do it..   testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptySat Oct 06, 2007 6:10 pm

thats what being a minitrucker is all about!! helping each other out!!! its nothing like the import scene, where its im faster than you, or i can run 10 sceonds. minitruckers help each other out in any way we can. thats why i im glad to be a minitrucker
Back to top Go down
Byron
Admin
Admin
Byron

PostSubject: Re: testing waters cause i hate to do it..   testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptySat Oct 06, 2007 6:43 pm

KEEP IT.
Minitruckers are way cooler than tuners..
been there.
don't get me wrong though... there are cool people with tuners... but for every one cool tuner.. there is prolly 5 cool minitruckers.
Back to top Go down
projekt94
500 Club
500 Club
projekt94

Number of posts : 601
Club : =SUNSET= tx chapter
Vehicle : 1989 mazda b2000
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: testing waters cause i hate to do it..   testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptySat Oct 06, 2007 6:57 pm

exactly!!!
Back to top Go down
roadracer
Admin
Admin
roadracer

Number of posts : 1209
Club : condition critical
Vehicle : 91 b 2200/ 89 b 2200 ext cab/ 09 honda odyssey
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: testing waters cause i hate to do it..   testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptySat Oct 06, 2007 10:28 pm

mins rule!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dropculture.com
Deviousb2200
Freakin New Guy
Freakin New Guy
Deviousb2200

PostSubject: Re: testing waters cause i hate to do it..   testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptySun Oct 21, 2007 8:47 pm

ok guys hate to do it but the truck actually is for sale this time. I have to sell it so I can move in about a month or so, I need about 2 grand to be able to move but need about another 900 to 1000 to move. for the right price all the air parts will go if not then the only thing that goes is the front bag brackets and they are not installed but still brand new. let me know if anyone wants it.. There is a front bumper on it again and there is another bumper that will go with it.. let me know who wants it cause it has to go unless someone wants to loan me a grand until tax time but I know I wont be able to find anyone.. thanks again guys
Back to top Go down
Deviousb2200
Freakin New Guy
Freakin New Guy
Deviousb2200

PostSubject: Re: testing waters cause i hate to do it..   testing waters cause i hate to do it.. EmptySat Nov 03, 2007 6:14 pm

Bump!!!! 900 takes it along with brand new front bag brackets from SD.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: testing waters cause i hate to do it..   testing waters cause i hate to do it.. Empty

Back to top Go down

testing waters cause i hate to do it..
Page 1 of 1