Drop Culture
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» building a new box
motivation??? EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 9:41 am by nigel

» come on people
motivation??? EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 7:44 pm by nigel

» 2.3l turbo
motivation??? EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 3:17 pm by nigel

» amp rack
motivation??? EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 3:13 pm by nigel

» L8esT cRayZ 10
motivation??? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 12:11 pm by BIG RICH

» Drift Event Last Weekend
motivation??? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:42 am by mafiafran

» my 91.......................
motivation??? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:41 am by mafiafran

» wts or wtt 1996 ranger splash 3k obo
motivation??? EmptyThu May 27, 2010 3:48 pm by rlr023

» PlEASE READ A MEMBER HAS FALLEN.
motivation??? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:12 pm by yannijoe201

» pointless thread
motivation??? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 11:34 pm by lwrlvl

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Gallery
motivation??? Empty
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Drop Culture on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Drop Culture on your social bookmarking website

motivation???

Go down 
+3
TrixR4Kids
roadracer
projekt94
7 posters
AuthorMessage
projekt94
500 Club
500 Club
projekt94

Number of posts : 601
Club : =SUNSET= tx chapter
Vehicle : 1989 mazda b2000
Registration date : 2007-08-02

motivation??? Empty
PostSubject: motivation???   motivation??? EmptyWed Oct 03, 2007 10:51 pm

ok yall know that my deal for the noma didnt go down, old news i know, but as i sat there watching this dude and chick check out my ride and hearing lil things they were saying i knew right away it wasnt going down. but its all good!!! i now have motivation to finish this truck, not for me, but for what i heard. she told him that this truck would never drive again and that she wont be taking him back and forth to work til it got running right. well, that really sparked a fire scream explosive flaming mad in my head!!! monday i got her runnning dang good again!!!!!!! put her on the road and took her for alil drive, trying to dodge the man cop stick well today i went out and bought some primer to put on her, hot rod black, the pink is gone fellas Sad ill be sanding her tomorrow, and hopefully this weekend shell have a new color to sport. they plan on being at weeniestock next weekend, u can bet ur butt ima be there in black!!! afro maztang told me that i only work on my rides when im trying to sell my rides rather than just finishing em, hes right, i do put alot of time trying to sell em, but this time is different, sorta, shes still on the market, just not in a hurry to sell her.

so what i wanna know is, what motivates you to finish your truck or car??
Back to top Go down
roadracer
Admin
Admin
roadracer

Number of posts : 1209
Club : condition critical
Vehicle : 91 b 2200/ 89 b 2200 ext cab/ 09 honda odyssey
Registration date : 2007-07-27

motivation??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: motivation???   motivation??? EmptyWed Oct 03, 2007 11:28 pm

keeping up with the jones. jk terying to get crap done and get it done quickly, not to mention when the money is available. or when the wife lets me. motivation?? seeing what others are getting done, and wanting to have as much done as well. doesnt always work that way, but ive gotten alot done in the year that i have had the truck. considering work, family and finances. im satisfied with what i have done right now, but theres always plans for bigger and better!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dropculture.com
TrixR4Kids
100 Club
100 Club
TrixR4Kids

Number of posts : 123
Club : Lone Wolf
Vehicle : 1986 B2000
Registration date : 2007-08-17

motivation??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: motivation???   motivation??? EmptyThu Oct 04, 2007 9:45 am

My truck will never be a show queen and that is fine. My goal is to have something nice and spend under $2k doing it and show that you can have a cool ride without breakin the bank. I have an expensive project coming up that may not fit into the drop culture kinda deal but when it is done people are going to be man that is a freakin nice car.
Back to top Go down
AreaOne
100 Club
100 Club
AreaOne

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-08-24

motivation??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: motivation???   motivation??? EmptyThu Oct 04, 2007 11:02 am

For me, it is just the fact that I set out to build my ride and I am determined to finish it. More than anything though, I started my project to learn welding, fabrication, etc. and the only way that I can learn from it is to actually do work on it.

I think I get the most motivation by going to shows. I see really sick stuff at a show and I say to myself, "I can do that". When I get back home, it motivates me to work harder on the truck. I also just want a cool ride that not everyone around here has. The look on peoples faces when they see your truck draggin' or when you lay out on the doors is so priceless, and it will truly make you work your butt off to keep it going.

But before all of that.....you gotta be a minitrucker through and through. If you really have that passion to build a truck, support the scene, and live it everyday, that really should be all of the motivation that you need.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ignitionapparel.com
maztang
200 Club
200 Club
maztang

Number of posts : 233
Club : No Time
Vehicle : 1983 B2000, 1989 B2200, 1990 B2200, 1984 B2000
Registration date : 2007-08-03

motivation??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: motivation???   motivation??? EmptyThu Oct 04, 2007 7:26 pm

well it looks like my motivation will be gone. all mine was to drag by your truck while it sat in the weeds Own U just kiddin man. it is about time you losen your chain and get over to juans and get it fixed up. i started body droppin my bed the other day simply because i am tired of looking at the open bed. so i will go ahead and b.d. it and put spacers on it to keep it level with the cab until i get a chance to b.d. the cab. hopefully it will be sporting a wood floor and a nice little touch that i can't talk about, i will just have to post up pics when i am done.

hopefully this ^^^ will be a little motivation for you bro. Happy Dance

oh and it doesn't have to be finished, you know that. just get that biotch running (and of course LEGAL) haha, so we can go make some videos man. i am still working on getting mine legal. Woo Hoo
Back to top Go down
dropped90
dropped90

Number of posts : 920
Club : welder, lowridin
Vehicle : 1990 mazda b
Registration date : 2007-07-19

motivation??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: motivation???   motivation??? EmptyThu Oct 04, 2007 9:22 pm

well the whole reason im starting on my truck is because i know i can fabricate to an extent but i want to see just how well i can. and not to mention everyone that knows me knows i always have a different ride than everyone else and most everyone likes to check my stuff out locally because they no i dont like the simple common stuff. this makes me want to keep them guessing and ahhing at them. dang man i want to get the rest of my parts so i can tear in to it. and listen to everyone on here. hell i had no motivation to quit smoking and i've been almost two months i think without a smoke now.

-Justin
Back to top Go down
projekt94
500 Club
500 Club
projekt94

motivation??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: motivation???   motivation??? EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 12:06 am

maztang wrote:
well it looks like my motivation will be gone. all mine was to drag by your truck while it sat in the weeds Own U just kiddin man. it is about time you losen your chain and get over to juans and get it fixed up. i started body droppin my bed the other day simply because i am tired of looking at the open bed. so i will go ahead and b.d. it and put spacers on it to keep it level with the cab until i get a chance to b.d. the cab. hopefully it will be sporting a wood floor and a nice little touch that i can't talk about, i will just have to post up pics when i am done.

hopefully this ^^^ will be a little motivation for you bro. Happy Dance

oh and it doesn't have to be finished, you know that. just get that biotch running (and of course LEGAL) haha, so we can go make some videos man. i am still working on getting mine legal. Woo Hoo

man thats the hardest part, trying to get that bitch legal!!!! but hopefully within the next couple of weeks itll get done. u need to get down here pronto, so we can make those vids!!! plus i need a sheetmetal dash!!! whip lol!
Back to top Go down
projekt94
500 Club
500 Club
projekt94

motivation??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: motivation???   motivation??? EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 12:07 am

dropped90 wrote:
well the whole reason im starting on my truck is because i know i can fabricate to an extent but i want to see just how well i can. and not to mention everyone that knows me knows i always have a different ride than everyone else and most everyone likes to check my stuff out locally because they no i dont like the simple common stuff. this makes me want to keep them guessing and ahhing at them. dang man i want to get the rest of my parts so i can tear in to it. and listen to everyone on here. hell i had no motivation to quit smoking and i've been almost two months i think without a smoke now.

-Justin

dang 2 months already?? thats awsum bro!! up with hope down with ehh smoke Laughing
Back to top Go down
dimetimetom
Freakin New Guy
Freakin New Guy
dimetimetom

Number of posts : 50
Club : none, doin it for the ride..
Vehicle : 2000 s-10
Registration date : 2007-10-05

motivation??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: motivation???   motivation??? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2007 7:56 am

motivation??? Truckmoto